Weight Watchers Instant Pot Detox Soup
It is winter here in the Midwest and if you are from here then you know it has been a pretty harsh one thus far. I am counting down the days until we can move to Arizona LOL However, in the meantime, I will make soup and like it.
This is the best chicken noodle soup minus the noodles. It is only 1 Weight Watchers Freestyle point and has so many great flavors. I make this recipe once a month and freeze it in small containers so I can have an easy grab and go lunch option on our busy days.
Weight Watchers Freestyle Points: 1
1 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 onion, diced
3 large celery stalks, chopped
2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
5 tsp minced garlic
42 oz fat-free/low sodium chicken broth
2 bay leaves
½ tsp turmeric
½ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 ½ tsp sea salt
15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
2 medium boneless skinless chicken breast
3 cups fresh spinach/kale mixture
- Press Saute button and when the Instant Pot says HOT, add olive oil, onion, celery, and carrots; stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Add in mushrooms and garlic, stirring another 3 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, chicken breast, bay leaves, turmeric, red pepper flakes, salt, and chickpeas.
- Lock the Instant Pot lid and set the vent to sealing.
- Press Manual/Pressure Cook button for 8 minutes(12 minutes if the chicken is frozen).
- When the Instant Pot beeps, allow to NPR for 10-15 minutes and then release the remaining pressure.
- Remove chicken breast and shred with two forks and add back into the pot.
- Click Saute button and add spinach/kale mixture. Stir occasionally for 5 minutes.