One of my favorite winter time meals is chili! Not only is it hearty and warm, but also can be very inexpensive. I love this budget-friendly chili for my family. It makes enough to feed the six of us and then the next day I like to add macaroni noodles to it for chili mac. I make mine on a stove but you could definitely throw this together in a crock pot if you like. The best part about chili is you can’t really go wrong and can add as many toppings as you like. My husband likes cheese and jalapenos in his and I like cream cheese and cheddar cheese in mine.
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pkg chili seasoning *I use McCormick but you can use any brand and flavor*
- Two 20oz cans petite diced tomatoes
- Two 15.5oz can of chili beans *you can use hot if you like that more*
- 15.5oz can of light kidney beans
- 15.5oz can of dark kidney beans
- salt & pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef and drain.
- Mix ground beef and package of chili seasoning in a stock pot.
- Open and dump in cans of tomatoes and beans.
- Stir until mixed thoroughly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
This Budget Friendly Chili only cost me less than $10.00!! How often can you feed a family of six for less than $10??? Yeah very rare, especially since I can stretch it into 2 dinners by adding noodles the next day! With this savings you should definitely check out my dessert recipes! Be sure to stop back by and tell me how you liked the recipe and what toppings you added to yours.
*I generally grocery shop at Ruler Foods(Kroger) or Walmart*