I’ll just admit that I have a small Pinterest addiction..okay I’ll be honest and say I have a HUGE Pinterest addiction. During my hours of scrolling, I found an amazing recipe for Apple Pie Dumplings by Spend with Pennies. It only had 2 ingredients so I figured I couldn’t screw it up, right? Great thing was, I already had the ingredients in my house! I made the recipe and though it was really good, I felt like it was missing something. I decided to make a new batch but just tweak it a bit. Again, with ingredients I already had in my house.
Praline Apple Pie Dumplings
- 1 can Apple Pie filling
- 1 can Pillsbury Crescent Rolls (save yourself the trouble and don’t buy generic)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped Pecans *save about a tablespoon for garnish if you like*
- 1 jar Caramel topping
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Empty can of Apple Pie filling into a mixing bowl. Mix in cinnamon and pecans.
- Open crescent rolls and remove each half.
- Cut each half in half. You should have 4 long pieces. Cut each long piece into 3 pieces making 12 pieces. Roll all 12 pieces into balls.
- Toss the 12 pieces into the apple pie filling.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish, making sure the crescent balls are towards the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let cool a couple minutes and then scoop into dish, garnish with pecans and drizzle with caramel.
*serve with vanilla ice cream if you like*
I absolutely love the texture of the pecans and the sweetness of the caramel drizzle. I will definitely be making this again. You can’t beat the ease of only 5 ingredients. If you have a chance to try this recipe, be sure to let me know what you think. If you want to save the Praline Apple Pie Dumplings recipe for later, be sure to pin it. Be sure to check out other upcoming or past recipes by following me on Pinterest.